Biogen seeks Senior Director Corporate Affairs
Senior Director of Corporate Affairs, EU 15
is responsible for the protection, build and enhancement of Biogen’s reputation in EU15 countries while helping to drive and support the business engaging with external and internal key stakeholders, promoting internal communications and assisting with employee engagement.The role can be base in Zug or in one of the 15 countries.
The role is responsible for creating an integrated approach to corporate affairs including corporate and executive communications, social media, patient advocacy, government relations and public policy, media relations, franchise and brand communications, plus internal communications and employee engagement.Working closely with the VP of EU15 and SVP of Corporate Affairs and the Global Corporate Affairs leadership team, this role reports into the VP of EU15 working closely with the General managers of each country as well as country Market Access, Human Resources and Commercial Leaders.The role requires strong collaboration and networking across the organization while able to lead and work independently. This role reports directly to the VP of EU15 with a dotted line to SVP Corporate Affairs.
- Develop an integrated corporate affairs strategy for the EU15 region identifying common priorities such as patient access, preparing for raising the profile of Biogen’s pipeline and portfolio and proactively positioning Biogen and managing issues such as pricing and access proactively
- Drives and supports the business engaging with external & internal key stakeholders and promoting internal communications and assisting with employee engagement.
- Strategic counsel to country GMs including selection of agency resources and overseeing strategy and tactical implementation to ensure consistency in approach.
- May also be involve with hands on design of strategy and tactical implementation depending on need, urgency and resourcing.
- Lead the executive communications supporting the Managing Director and local the leadership team while developing capabilities in corporate affairs such as media spokesperson and interactions with government policy makers and patient advocacy groups.
- Develop and enhance Biogen’s network and role as partner and contributor with government, policy makers, patient advocacy groups, community groups, etc.
- Implement a strategy for internal communications supporting HR in associate engagement, culture change, etc.
- 10 plus years of communications experience in progressively senior roles in terms of responsibility, working with senior executives and managing and leading teams. Understanding of the integrated nature of the function bringing together communications, government and policy, social media, and all elements of the function for maximum impact, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience working in matrix organizations and with global functions; strong executive presence; proven ability to effectively and appropriately work with and influence senior management
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in strategy and execution and flexible to find the right balance in working strategically and operationally work; agile & hands-on mentality; ability to work well under pressure and enjoys a fast-paced, often unpredictable environment; outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to successfully influence without authority, and effectively work across functions and personalities, strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize work load
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
- Strong business acumen, pharma/biotech industry must have, experience in Neuroscience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required; ideally in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a degree in liberal arts or life sciences.
- Graduate degree preferred.
Further information & application: www.sjobs.brassring.com