Embassy of Canada in Bern seeks Consular Assistant
Summary of position:
- Providing information, advice and services to Canadians travelling, working and living in Switzerland and Liechtenstein;
- Processing of passport and citizenship applications;
- Supporting consular program delivery at the Embassy and assist the Embassy with emergency preparedness;
- Responding to general enquiries, by phone and in writing, from clients on Canadian and local laws, regulations and services in such areas as citizenship and passport;
- Ensuring information, advice, and assistance is provided in a manner compliant with the policies and procedures of the Government of Canada and Global Affairs Canada.
Diploma from a recognized university with specialization in public administration, social sciences, psychology, communications, international relations, law, or in another field relevant to this position or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in area relevant to this position.Language:
English and French – Bilingual imperative (oral and written).
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent work experience* in administration or responding to public inquiries or providing customer service;
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent work experience* in an office environment.
*Recent experience is defined as within the last 5 years.
- General knowledge of the consular mandate of Global Affairs Canada;
- General knowledge of Canada;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as Internet research skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively with a high level of details in a high-paced work environment;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Adaptability and Flexibility;
- Client focus;
- Commitment to Public Confidence;
- Effective interpersonal relationships and Respect;
- Focus on quality and details;
How to apply:
Candidates are also required to upload their resume and a covering letter in English or French.
Applications which do not include all of the requested information or documents will be rejected.
Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.