European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) sucht Public Relations Officer (m/f)
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) is a non-profit organisation active in the field of allergic and immunologic diseases such as asthma, rhinitis, eczema, occupational allergy, food and drug allergy and anaphylaxis.
EAACI was founded in 1956 in Florence and has become the largest medical association in Europe in the field of allergy and clinical immunology. It includes over 10,000 members from 122 countries, as well as over 60 national and international member societies.
The EAACI is a non-profit organisation based in Zurich, Switzerland, with an operational and international team of ten employees.
With immediate effect we are looking for a highly motivated and team-oriented
Public Relations Officer (m/f)
Focus scientific journal management
The Public Relations Officer is responsible for preparing, maintaining and coordinating the Public Relations and scientific publications output and related activities, as well as planning of meetings and networking events. The position we are looking for focuses on the EAACI scientific journal management, ensuring an effective collaboration between the EAACI Headquarters and the publishers, editorial teams and other relevant stakeholders. The Officer reports to the Publication, Public Relations and Public Affairs Manager and cooperates closely with other members in the Marketing & Communications Team, the Congress & Events Team, and Education Team as well as other stakeholders in our matrix organisation.
- Contact person for EAACI Journals, editor-in-chiefs and publishers in daily communication
- Abstract supplement management with EAACI Journals, including offer and final check of print proof.
- Monitors media coverage, benchmarking information of competitors, prepares reports and seeks for opportunities to maximise the coverage of EAACI Journals and other scientific resources (e.g. position papers, guidelines, reference books).
- Prepares PR-campaigns to promote journals.
- Responsible for organising PR related meetings and networking events, including onsite management.
- Responsible for updates and maintenance of corporate information material for journalists and the website, coordinating with third parties as developers, designers, printing companies etc.
- Contributes to corporates PR Campaigns, including collecting relevant content from internal and external key stakeholders, drafting press releases and communication material and ensuring multi-channel distribution (internal and external).
- Bachelor or Master degree in communication, publishing, journalism or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a scientific environment, either in communications, publishing or public relations
- Good instinct for new developments and public relation opportunities, being able to think out of the box to develop creative solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. A second European language is considered a plus
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines with a proven track record of project management, preferably in an international matrix organisation
- Excellent skills and experience to work in cross functional and cross cultural project management, preferable with scientific and/or health care background
- Willingness to participate in weekend assignments at international meetings, events and congresses
- This position is based in Zurich headquarters and offers an exciting opportunity to further develop your skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send us your cover letter, complete CV (incl. track record) and possible date of entry latest by 22 January 2018 to:
Dr. Peter Walther
For downloading the position in pdf format please click here.