Foreign and Commonwealth Office sucht Policy Analyst
The British Embassy in Berne is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now recruiting a Policy Analyst.
The role of the Policy Analyst is to monitor, analyse and report on key political and economic developments in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
The jobholder will work with local interlocutors to deliver a range of reports for UK stakeholders. You will support the Head of Prosperity with the Embassy’s Prosperity Strategy, shaping our policy approach to strengthening future economic relations with Switzerland and developing new opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities**:
- Analyse and regularly report to the Head of Prosperity on the Swiss economy, following developments in the domestic economy, trends in market sectors, and developments in Swiss trade policy, including its new work on free trade agreements, whether bilateral or through EFTA; provide analysis and insight to support UK understanding of these developments.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of policy and economic contacts to support this insight, in Government, multilateral organisations (WTI, EFTA) and in the private sector.
- Respond to lobbying requests on these topics and and coordiante high-quality briefing and advice within given deadlines.
Prosperity Strategy: (30%)
- Support the Head of Prosperity with the development, monitoring and delivery of the Embassy’s Prosperity Strategy, which coordinates the Embassy-wide approach to strengthening economic relations between the UK and Switzerland.
- Provide secretariat support to the Embassy Prosperity Board, planning, preparing for and following up Board meetings. Provide analytical insight for the Board, with an economic report for each meeting.
- Support the Head of Prosperity with horizon scanning through analysis and consultation with Embassy Trade/Investment colleagues, as well as external stakeholders, identifying future opportunities to strengthen UK-Swiss economic links.
- Support wider policy work of Embassy political team, analysing and regularly reporting on Swiss internal policy covering finance, trade and economics within both a domestic and international context (including through the prism of Switzerland’s EU negotiations, and Brexit).
- Respond to lobbying requests on these topics and provide high-quality briefing and advice within given deadlines.
Visits/ Team Support: (10%)
- Support ministerial and senior policy official delegations in order to help deliver the Embassy’s Prosperity Strategy (including logistical support and planning as required), particularly developing strong policy objectives for the visits.
- Provide flexible support to the wider team, for example providing cover in the absence of the Political Analyst, or providing support for wider Embassy work on public diplomacy and visits.
Essential Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Applied economics skills;
- Knowledge of Swiss politics and economics;
- Fluent in English and German;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Experience of working in economics in an international context;
- French and/or Italian language skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft IT systems.
Further information and application: www.fco.tal.net
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.ch zu erwähnen.