GAVI Alliance seeks Senior Project Manager
The GAVI Alliance’s (“Gavi) mission is to save children’s lives and protect people’s health by increasing access to immunisation in poor countries.
Gavi is a unique organisation that aligns public and private resources in a global effort to create greater access to the benefits of immunisation. It does this with precision and in creative, innovative ways to ensure that donor contributions efficiently save lives and help build self-sufficiency in the world’s poorest communities and regions.
Gavi seeks a
Senior Project Manager
running Gavi Mid-Term Review’s Project Management Office, and actively contribute to MTR content development. S/he will also help draft key reports and design and implement flagship resource mobilization events.
Project start: 4 December 2017
Project end: 31 December 2018
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management Office (PMO) coordination
- Run the PMO, taking a strategic perspective, piloting MTR work streams, ensuring adequate consultation at all levels, proactively managing the timeline and milestones.
- Ensure quality control of all MTR work streams.
- Develop and monitor a comprehensive narrative, provide substantive content on the MTR story development and positioning of Gavi.
- Help shape the narrative for the global roadshows in advance of the MTR event.
- Lead on MTR event programme development.
- Contribute to the content of other key events, including with the World Economic Forum and leveraging Gavi’s INFUSE initiative.
Briefing and Reporting
- Actively contribute to the MTR report, working closely with Gavi’s Communications department
- Lead on the development of internal and external briefings.
- Support all communications with donor host government for the MTR.
- Lead on the MTR post-mortem, evaluating the outcomes of the MTR.
- Help choose and manage MTR influencers and champions.
- Coordinate communications with all MTR speakers and develop speaking points.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not limited only to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Law, Economics, or Public Affairs.
- Training in project management is desirable.
- At least 5 years in working in an international, multicultural environment.
- Experience in driving fast-moving projects.
- Solid experience in document production for high-level events.
- Experience identifying and articulating issues, trade-offs and priorities to provide sound advice.
- Good understanding of key transformations impacting today’s business, industry and political environment; as well as good overview of development aid work.
- The ideal candidate has experience with / exposure to both private and public sectors.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills; project management credentials highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and synthesizing capabilities.
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, electronic document management systems, records management.
- Excellent communication skills and an outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Entrepreneur spirit, problem-solving skills and result-orientation is a must. Ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility.
- Tact, discretion and high level of diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish working relationships with multiple teams.
- Capability and willingness to quickly acquire knowledge about Gavi and its business model.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- French is an asset.
- Gavi teams/employees from all levels.
- External service providers.
- Donor governments and agencies.
- UN agencies and World Bank.
- Civil Society Organizations.
- Private sector.
Interested parties should respond by completing the information in the table on the final page by 27 November 2017 COB (CET)
More information & application: www.gavi.org