Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance sucht Senior Manager Public Policy Systems and Research
Senior Manager, Public Policy Systems and Research
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
- Design, develop, build, input content and maintain an advocacy system for the Public Policy Engagement Team;
- Provide research, analysis and advocacy materials related to Gavi’s mandate;
- Provide quality advice to management on external public policy developments related to Gavi’s mandate;
- Identify strategic opportunities and challenges for Gavi in the public policy domain.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, build and run systems including data bases, arguments, geopolitical content, mapping, contacts, retrievable data and bibliographical information;
- Ensure accessibility and a searchable library of content related to the work of the public policy team;
- Provide radar function, research and guidance on public policy matters from a health, sustainable development and cross sectoral policy perspective;
- Engage with external partners and experts at global, regional and national level to analyse policy, indicators and political commitments from academic sources, institutions, treaty bodies, secretariats and governments;
- Provide geopolitical analysis and support for Gavi engagement in policy dialogues;
- Write high quality, meticulously referenced briefs, advices, research papers as needed for specific audiences;
- Have most current and best information and arguments available for senior level staff and partners to use;
- Search for relevant and up to date information to maintain rich systems of content for the unit;
- Support Gavi staff to input and retrieve information from the system to help with public policy work.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline (economics, international relations, public health, government policy, science).
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience including:
- Research, including policy and data analysis related to sustainable development and/or health;
- Managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders;
- Meticulous data management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven ability to design and develop of rich, multi variable content systems for policy and analysis work;
- Strong strategic insight particularly related to geopolitical and governance issues;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Proven ability to deliver results;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work across cultures with the capacity to build strong working relationships within and outside Gavi;
- Knowledge of international relations space;
- Knowledge of database programming;
- Team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Other UN languages is an advantage.
- Gavi Secretariat;
- Gavi-eligible countries;
- The Global Fund;
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation;
- The World Bank.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on „Senior Manager, Public Policy Systems and Research.“ Applications close February 10th, 2017.
More Information and Application: www.gavi.org