International Air Transport Association (IATA) seeks Intern Economics
Reporting to senior members of the IATA Economics team, the successful candidate will provide wide-ranging research and analytical support to the IATA Economics team and its key stakeholders (both internal and external). The position offers the opportunity to contribute to a variety of team projects as well as having primary responsibility for particular tasks and outputs.
The role will incorporate aspects of both policy-relevant research – a robust evidence base underpins to the formulation of IATA’s lobbying and advocacy positions – as well as the economic analysis of trends and drivers of industry and market developments and issues. The role also involves the provision of some administrative support functions, including the preparation and dissemination (across various channels) of regular briefing notes prepared by the IATA Economics team.
The role is expected to include, but not be limited to, the following aspects:
- Contribute to building the body of work required to formulate IATA’s view on Airport privatization;
- Undertake research into developments in the cost of air travel; airfares vs taxes and charges to support IATA’s advocacy efforts;
- Assist IATA’s regional teams (incl via the preparation of country briefing and analysis, region-based presentations and reports etc);
- Support the IATA Economics team in regular data extraction, briefing and communication activities, including social media;
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in conjunction with the members of the Economics team directly involved.
Qualifications and Skills
- Recent University Economics graduate;
- Highly numerate and IT/social media literate
- Able to write clearly;
- Interested in airline economics;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, without sacrificing attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills, strong team player;
- Highly energetic and motivated individual;
- Computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Outstanding written and spoken English; other European languages would be an asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
- Act with integrity and uphold our standards
- Think strategically in support of the global big picture
- Partner and manage to create high performing teams
- Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.