International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations seeks Senior manager, social and economic policy
Senior manager, social and economic policy
The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA), a global, nongovernmental organization representing the research-based pharmaceutical industry, is seeking a manager or senior manager for policy and research.
IFPMA represents the research-based pharmaceutical companies and associations across the globe. The research-based pharmaceutical industry’s 2 million employees research, develop and provide medicines and vaccines that improve the life of patients worldwide. Based in Geneva, IFPMA has official relations with the United Nations and contributes industry expertise to help the global health community find solutions that improve global health. Visit our website: www.ifpma.org.
Purpose of the post:
The Senior Manager for Social and Economic Policy will lead development of analytics and health policy positions on topics related to value of medicines, government pricing and reimbursement, health systems reform, and healthcare financing. This position will work closely with other IFPMA staff, member companies and associations to coordinate global industry engagement in multilateral forums such as the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), G7 and G20 to advocate for policies that enable and recognize the value of science and biopharmaceutical innovation.
The Senior Manager will lead working groups to manage policy and research projects, develop policy positions, and external outreach plans. This includes strategy development, project management, organization of internal meetings and managing external consultations. He/she will also represent IFPMA’s members in discussions with external stakeholders and promote policies and dialogue to advance sustainable financing and health system reforms, including patient access to medicines and vaccines.
Key success factors for this role include ability to lead and communicate the development of public policies, analytics, and related advocacy strategies with internal and external stakeholders; flexibility and responsiveness; ability to work independently and collaboratively; a strong team player; excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills; and desire to learn and grow with the team.
• Lead policy development and research on the value of medicines, government pricing and reimbursement, health systems reform, and healthcare financing
• Coordinate IFPMA engagement in policy dialogues at the OECD, G7 and G20.
• Lead related working groups, participate in other committees, subcommittees as appropriate, and engage directly with members on relevant area(s) of responsibility
• Assist in developing/managing a budget for area(s) of responsibility and display personal financial management and accountability.
• Create key IFPMA documents (policy and position papers), submissions and correspondence in area(s) of responsibility.
• Attend and present at internal/external meetings.
• Apprise Senior Management of relevant activities/outcomes and engages constructively within the organization’s policy and research team.
• Ability/availability to travel to international meetings.
Education and professional qualifications
Recognized advanced university degree in relevant field such as public administration, public policy, economics, health policy, public health, or similar discipline. Other tertiary qualification is an advantage.
• At least 6 years of relevant experience, with significant time spent working directly on health policy and research in the pharmaceutical sector.
• Expertise in healthcare policy topics such as value of medicines, government pricing and reimbursement, health systems reform, and healthcare financing.
• Experience working in relevant organizations such as a trade association, government affairs or policy function in a pharmaceutical company or relevant government/IGO department.
• Experience working with national government stakeholders on public policy or health policy topics in a range of OECD and G7/G20 countries.
• Experience working on trade topics and advocating with multilateral organisations.
• Experience working on cross-functional teams, coordinating and facilitating committee meetings and driving consensus; experience managing consultants
• Experience preparing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences.
• Demonstrated project management skills including understanding of budgetary processes.
Knowledge and skills
• Strong knowledge of issues in assigned area of responsibility with the ability to think creatively, identify/exploit synergies and ensure alignment for the delivery of first-rate results.
• Displays advocacy ability and strong communication skills (written and oral) to engage effectively with external stakeholders.
• Demonstrates ability to deploy judgment, discretion and professional integrity.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Strong analytical, project management, and organizational capabilities.
• Ability to multi-task, resilient to pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Fluent in oral and written English; other languages are beneficial.
• Understanding of pharmaceutical industry, operation of pharmaceutical companies and representative associations.
• Demonstrates PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Swiss valid work permit is required.
Applications for the position should be sent to email@example.com by no later than 31 December 2017.