International Road Transport Union sucht Senior Manager – Advocacy
Reporting to the IRU Managing Director, the Senior Manager – Advocacy will be in charge of defining new ways for IRU to provide advocacy services for the road transport industry, its members and other stakeholders in order to bring clarity on the mission, organisation and methods of a modern and efficient advocacy team.
- Lead a task force, in conjunction with other functions, with the mission to identify and explore sustainable and value added options for the future of IRU policy and advocacy activities.
- Strengthen IRU’s capacity to convene and engage with policymakers, Members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategic advocacy plans to address global, regional and national topics in a coherent and coordinated manner.
- Simplify and clarify IRU’s core messages and positions in close collaboration with the Communications team.
- Review and improve how IRU engages with its members and key stakeholders to improve communication and achieve an impactful and proactive advocacy.
- Review membership management practices with a view to improve member “acquisition” and retention.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Affairs, Business, or other relevant subject.
- 10+ years’ experience in advocacy and lobbying for corporations or trade associations. Preferably in the field of logistics and freight transport.
- Management experience is a must.
- Change management experience is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication and networking skills is a must. Fluent in English; French is a plus. Any other language is an asset.
- Proven ability to conduct outreach and develop trust-based relationships with government officials, politicians, industry representatives and other third party stakeholders.
- Working with the UN or European system preferred.
Further Information and application: www.iru.org