Japan Tobacco International seeks Public Affairs HQ Manager
JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 27 000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the third consecutive year and number one Top Employer certification in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
Public Affairs HQ Manager
Reporting to the Public Affairs HQ Director, the role will include to leverage JTI’s participation with key Swiss business networks. In addition, the position will be responsible for strategic delivery and operational implementation of JTI HQ’s philanthropic programs (Community Investment) in the areas of Arts, charities and natural environment as well as develop strong links with political authorities. The role involves to lead employee engagement scheme as well as manage all communication related to HQ community investment both internally and externally.
The role requires a strong understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural landscape in Geneva/Switzerland and the business operating environment internationally.
- Support the PA HQ Director to develop and drive the Public Affairs strategy, engaging at different levels with business stakeholders. The role will require participation in some Boards or Committee.
- Ensure strategic delivery and operational implementation of Community Investment HQ (CI HQ) program in the areas of Arts, charities and natural environment. This implies to create and nurture strong ties with institutions, stakeholders and networks as well as monitor performance and measurement of projects.
- Foster, manage and lead all HQ employees’ engagement efforts with the objective to catalyze volunteering and position CI HQ as a center for ‚best practices‘. The role implies to work closely with the Global CI team and HR to ensure internal alignment and build synergies
- Position CI HQ both internally and externally, in collaboration with the Corporate Communications function. It implies to create content and programs while ensuring that activities are suitable and sensitive to the business operating environment.
- Manage contracts, financials, controlling, reporting, and alignment with the CI policy.
University degree or similar education
8 years minimum in the area of corporate philanthropy, economic institutions or public affairs. Strong knowledge of local politics, cultural and charity.
Fluent in English and French is a must, German would be a plus.
Working to tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail is a key priority as this role will require to represent JTI internally and externally.
Must be engaging, loyal, open-minded, resourceful, and a team player.
Further information and application: www.jobs.jti.com