Johnson & Johnson seeks Communication & Public Affairs leader
Requisition ID: 00001ANU
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Switzerland is recruiting for a
Communication & Public Affairs leader
to drive a newly created integrated communication function focused on enhancing the reputation of Johnson & Johnson businesses, sites and functions in Switzerland.
Caring for the world, one person at the time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of integrated external and internal communication and public affairs strategies that engage and influence stakeholders; protect and enhance the reputation of Johnson & Johnson and its companies in Switzerland; and support the growth objectives of Johnson & Johnson and its companies in Switzerland.
The Communication & Public Affairs Leader will be responsible for developing and executing a communication strategy for the pharmaceutical, medical devices and consumer sectors, taking into account the needs of the Johnson & Johnson Enterprise and other groups, in order to address their business objectives and strengthen the Company footprint in Switzerland. By developing an effective communication and public affairs strategy, the leader will help promote, enhance and protect the brand and reputation of all Johnson & Johnson businesses in Switzerland. This role will be accountable for all aspects of internal and external communication and public affairs strategy and implementation in Switzerland and Austria.
- Responsible for translating business goals of Swiss-based companies into tangible Communication & Public Affairs strategies and activities that promote, enhance and protect the Johnson & Johnson brand and reputation while fostering deeper levels of employee engagement
- Integrates knowledge from deep internal and external networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and broad understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities in development and implementation of strategic communication plans that drive key business and reputation outcomes and shape the environment for the Company’s medicines, products, technologies and solutions
- Serve as trusted advisor to Swiss Leadership Team; serve as senior Communication voice with leadership teams on business decisions, critical issues/crises and matters concerning company reputation
- Coach senior leaders to develop their ability to engage and inspire their organizations and shape the external environment
- Develop public affairs strategies to address key business goals, strategies and priorities in alignment with medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer sectors and other businesses in Switzerland
- Responsible for driving alignment and engagement of ca. 6,500 employees across Switzerland and overseeing internal communication strategies that drive employee engagement across all sites in Switzerland
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred
- Proven performer with 10+ years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements.
- Significant business acumen in Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Consumer and understanding of Enterprise strategy is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, coach and develop high-performing teams in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships with senior leaders
- Experience in issues/crisis management
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Understanding of digital and social platforms
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects
- Exercise a high level of independent judgment even in challenging, complex situations
- High level of understanding of Switzerland and Austria political and economic landscape, decision-making process and procedures.
- Experience of innovative reputation-building and brand management work preferred
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Ability to effectively direct and work with communications agencies is required
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and deliver results under tight time constraints in a complex, matrixed environment
- Strong ethics and a Credo-based leader; strong drive to make a difference
- Ability to simplify complex ideas and strategies from the business to external stakeholders with an understanding of how to make them timely and relevant
If you are a creative and innovative mind passionate about one or more of our industries and want to become part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)