Johnson & Johnson seeks Manager Communications & Public Affairs
Johnson & Johnson is one of the leading health care companies in the world, with over 6,000 people working for Johnson & Johnson companies in Switzerland. Johnson & Johnson’s footprint covers sites and companies across three of its sectors – Consumer Health Care, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals businesses, situated in a number of locations across Switzerland.
Communications & Public Affairs Manager
, you will be responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of integrated external and internal communication and public affairs strategies that engage and influence internal and external stakeholders; protect and enhance the reputation of Janssen in Switzerland and Austria; and support the growth objectives of Janssen Alpine in Switzerland and Austria (CH/AUT).
Guide decisions to drive business growth, and develop and enhance our reputation in Switzerland and Austria
- Develop and implement Communication and Public Affairs strategies to strengthen the corporate image and reputation of Janssen as a thought leader, breakthrough innovator, and a trusted partner for healthcare system
- Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy which translates our company strategy into a compelling narrative for external audiences
- Implement internal communications strategies that drive OpCo employee engagement; support change management initiatives; oversee Janssen Alpine specific communication channels and content creation
- Drive Janssen’s Alpine business by developing and leveraging relationships with key external stakeholders and enabling senior leaders within the organization to engage with them to enhance our reputation
- Work closely with the Janssen Alpine Leadership Team and ensure alignment with them
- Work closely with the cross-sector and EMEA regional Communications & Public Affairs colleagues to ensure alignment and to maximize opportunities for internal and external engagement
- Drive Enterprise and OpCo growth, and build stakeholder trust/advocacy by leading team in developing and implementing proactive communication and public affairs initiatives
- Develop and implement an integrated ommunication plan that disseminates consistent messages to external stakeholders as well as internal employess according to Company strategy
- Maintain deep understanding of current issues in the environment affecting Janssen and its brands as well as the broader enterprise
- Assess opportunities and organize in alignment with Janssen Alpine Leadership Team proactive participation of company leadership in key events and forums; manage leadership communications, external visibility, and media presence, including media trainings, speech preparation, etc.
- Help secure Janssen employees’ strong buy-in and support for the company’s goals while raising the level of pride and loyalty to Janssen through effective internal communication programs and activities
- Designated media contact and spokesperson: responsible for maintaining a network of media contacts on behalf of Janssen Alpine; responsible for reactive communication and identifying opportunities for proactive communication. Work closely with Managing Director and External Affairs Directors in CH/AT in these media interactions
- Establish OpCo digital strategy presence, in alignment with Swiss Cross-Sector strategy and guidance
- Operate as strategic advisor for the senior OpCo leaders regarding all aspects of internal communications. Develop and implement communication tools to support change management programs as needed
- Collaborate closely with communication teams from other sectors, Supply Chain, R&D and Enterprise to ensure consistent messaging and “one J&J” approach as appropriate
- Identify and apply key outcomes and metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that improve quality, performance and key capabilities; benchmark activity with appropriate external targets
- Working with the Government Affairs/External Affairs team, develop a consistent approach to evaluate, advise and brief internal leaders on developments in the external world.
- Take an active role in appropriate industry trade association groups to ensure Janssen/J&J’s voice is heard and has a role in shaping industry interventions.
- Effectively manage public relations and other agencies as required
- Oversee budgets with the highest degree of fiscal prudence and responsibility
- Responsible for the content of the Janssen corporate website and associated materials
- Responsible for organizing annual internal kick off meeting, Company townhalls and other events as needed
- Provide regular status updates to Swiss Communications & Public Affairs lead as needed
- Support development of Communication & PA updates to Alpine Management Committee and support development of briefing documents for senior management on key topics (e.g., for Swisspharma Board of Management meetings).
- Complete annual Drug Safety, industry code and HCC Awareness training.
- Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance.
- Act in accordance with relevant industry Codes of Practice and Johnson & Johnson HCC requirements.
- Comply with designated SOPs for the role.
- Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues
- Ensure excellence in management of product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Partner closely with regional Janssen communication, Media Relations, Workforce Communication, Strategy & Insights and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment
- Education and/or additional training: BA required
- Proven performer with 8+ years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency; proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements
- Demonstrated ability to build deep, authentic relationships and strong influence with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships with top executives; ability to network and connect effectively
- Experience in crisis/issues management
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Understanding of digital and social platforms
- Strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Excellent oral and written skills in main working languages (English, German, French preferred)
- Experience in managing budgets and resource allocation across large critical projects
- Exercise independent judgment even in challenging, complex situations
- Understanding of Switzerland and Austria political and economic landscape, decision-making process and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Abiltiy to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in both countries (CH and AT) preferred
- Excellent Company culture/values fit
Further information & application: www.jobs.jnj.com
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.ch zu erwähnen.