Nestlé Group seeks Senior Public Affairs Manager
The Nestlé Group is the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company with 88.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset.
To complete our Public Affairs department at our international headquarters in Vevey (Switzerland), we are currently looking for a:
Senior Public Affairs Manager, Government & Multilateral Relations
In this role you will be responsible for leading the Public Affairs department on international engagement with governments, multilateral organisations and partnerships.
- Develop and manage key relationships with UN organisations and intergovernmental platforms such as the UN Global Compact, ECOSOC, FAO, WFP, WHO, or the ILO; in addition to engaging with a solid network of member government contacts at embassies and in capitals, in cooperation with Nestlé’s market PA teams
- Build international government and multilateral organisation engagement plans, coordinating implementation across functions, including with Corporate Industry Affairs, the Advocacy Lead and Nestlé’s Washington DC and Brussels offices
- Lead Nestlé’s involvement in the UN SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) process
- Manage and oversee the implementation and communication of Nestlé’s partnerships with organisations such as the International Federation of Red Cross/Red Crescent Societies, and further refine the existing partnership screening process and management tools
- Guide Nestlé markets and globally managed businesses on government/multilateral engagement and partnership development and execution
Education and experience:
- Postgraduate degree in International Relations, MBA or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the international public sector; well-established network is key
- Seasoned diplomat and negotiator, proven track record of achievements
- Demonstrated partnership management capacity, preferably in the area of PPPs (public-private partnerships)
- Private sector experience, ideally in the food and beverage sector, is an asset
- Fluency in English (oral, written, spoken), plus another international language; well versed in public speaking
Show us that you are a strong & efficient communicator with excellent influencing skills and an ability to work across functional and hierarchical levels. Your exemplary team player attitude will greatly contribute. If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.