Novartis seeks Public Affairs Director Central Eastern Europe
The Public Affairs Director Central Eastern Europe (PA CEE) will be responsible for coordinating, maintaining and executing a coherent and integrated government affairs strategy to support the business objectives of Novartis in the Central Eastern European region.
In general, key objectives for this role include but are not limited to:
• Developing regional strategies to shape the environment for sustainable access, serving as a member of regional management team
• Monitoring and identifying key policy developments • Developing PA capabilities in the region; building a systematic approach accompanied by KPI’s, scorecards to achieve PA excellence in planning & execution
• Working with affiliate teams to develop, implement and execute country government affairs plans
• Coordinating trade association engagement, as well as other key platforms & channels The individual will coordinate the existing PA strategies in the CEE cluster to support key products and therapeutic areas and initiate creation of new plans and strategies where needed. The Regional Director will help shape the regional environment and give support to market access campaigns across the region. He/she is expected to engage with regional stakeholders, i.e. organizations, patient groups, political stakeholders, in order to advance Novartis policy and business objectives.
Public Affairs support to the Business
- Identify and predict the key issues likely to affect Novartis’ business in CEE region by working with colleagues to explore new opportunities or anticipate potential threats
- Representation of Novartis within/across political/industry communities
- Ensure PA support strategies in place for key products and disease areas, focusing on neuroscience (MS), ophthalmology, cardio (possibly Oncology)
- Drive corporate PA objectives in CEE region, including mitigation of IRP/ PT risk, addressing market access differentials and HTA implementation in region
- Building a stable & pro-innovation policy environment regarding healthcare reform, outcomes and healthcare financing issues, including support for Healthcare Systems /outcomes projects in the region Functional leadership
- Coordinate completion, monitoring and execution of country Public affairs plans and strategies
- Alignment of strategy and execution of PA activities across the divisions
- Developing and building capabilities/expertise throughout the region and building a talent pipeline via workshops and virtual training
- Provide coaching, tools and support in the area of PA planning including stakeholder management
- Provide tailored information and advice to internal stakeholders on external developments
- Provide briefings and support to senior managers attending meeting with policy makers and other events.
- Serve as member of the PA Europe team, as well as CEE regional lead team. Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitoring regional and local Trade Association performance
- Staffing EFPIA CEE Task Force for Novartis regional leadership and ensuring comprehensive briefing documents prepared for all meeting.
- Liaising with LAWG/PhRMA CEE activities and participating in working groups and task forces depending on Novartis priorities
- University degree in political, public health, law, business, science or related fields. Scientific background and/or MBA considered a plus.
- Proven written and oral proficiency in English accompanied by a second major European language. CEE regional languages a plus.
- 5–10 years relevant work experience in Public Affairs via pharmaceutical industry, trade association, consultancy, NGO or national/EU government
- Good knowledge of CEE region including healthcare systems & governments
- Ability to manage relationships with a high number of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate complex scientific and political topics to internal and external stakeholders
Further information & application: www.brassring.com