PATH sucht Senior Program Officer (HUS), Policy, Access, and Introduction
PATH is recruiting for a
Senior Program Officer (HUS)
to lead operations research teams and studies into the dynamics of health care utilization in the context of vaccine introduction programs. Reporting into the Country Introduction and Operations Research Team within the Policy, Advocacy and Introduction group, the Senior Program Officer will oversee the conduct of a healthcare utilization study (HUS) in the context of the pilot introduction of the RTS,S/AS01 malaria vaccine in 3 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 15 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
- Refine and lead design and implementation of healthcare utilization study
- Provide strategic direction, develop master protocol and oversee implementation of qualitative healthcare utilization study related to vaccine introduction in the context of national immunization programs
- Manage relationships with partners at the global level for the successful design and implementation of study
- Ensure alignment and linkages with other programmatic and evaluation components for vaccine introduction evaluation
- Working with subject matter experts from functional areas (as needed), manage the synthesis and review of research protocols, scientific merit and IRB submissions
- Working with local researchers or subject matter experts, coordinate the review and analysis of household, community, and health facility data.
- Organize and coordinate consultations and interactions with personnel from academia, industry and government
- Manage Research Activities
- Working with project manager identify and proactively drive high quality project deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items – proactively manages changes in project scope and creates contingency plans in a constantly changing environment.
- Report on project progress to stake-holders including partners, steering committees, senior leadership and donors.
- Working with project manager, develop and track detailed project plans including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, and issue resolution plans.
- Working with project manager, implement project management tools for tracking translational projects, including risk evaluation and identification of risk-mitigation steps to ensure success in obtaining clear outcomes.
- Manage research partners and sub-contracted researchers
- Provide project leadership to research projects to facilitate successful delivery and metrics.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure project success.
- Deliver project reports, proposals, and documentation to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Serve on technical advisory and scientific bodies as needed
- Generate and synthesize new knowledge
- Operate in a culturally diverse environment which includes external partners, adapting communication style, procedures, and approaches, as necessary.
- Work closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects.
- Identify and proactively drive high quality project deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items.
- Produce executive reports on the projects to support donor reporting requirements.
- Keep management teams apprised of project changes and milestone delays.
- Provide project summaries and updates to PAI and CVIA’s management and leadership teams and other groups within and outside PAI.
- Function within the broader PATH management system for vaccine development (CVIA) to assure alignment of the expertise available within departments relating to CMC, regulatory, project management, and clinical affairs.
- PhD in social sciences.
- Experience working and conducting research in low resource settings
- Experience developing and leading mixed methods research with an emphasis on qualitative methods and analyses.
- Prior experience and strong evidence of future potential to publish findings and lessons from research and activities
- Prior experience working with the institutional review of human subjects research
- Previous work experience in a matrixed organizational structure preferred.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Experience in collaborative environments and success in achieving milestone results within them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including negotiation and conflict management.
- Ability to work effectively on fast-paced, complex projects.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint desired.
Must be eligible to work in Switzerland.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.