Philip Morris International sucht Manager, External Affairs Research and Strategy
We are currently looking to hire
Manager, External Affairs Research and Strategy
for our Corporate Affairs function at Philip Morris International SA. The position supports the External Affairs (EA) function by executing qualitative and quantitative opinion research studies at a global, regional, and country level. These opinion research studies focus on fiscal, regulatory, reputational, and societal issues surrounding Philip Morris International and the tobacco industry – this role does not conduct market research or studies related to the marketing and sale of PMI products to adult consumers. In addition to the execution of high-quality External Affairs opinion research project, the candidate is also expected to support the development of strategic advice and counsel to the EA Management Team related to ongoing EA campaigns and initiatives.
- Full service execution of global opinion research projects and key market projects. oIncluding, but not limited to:
- Development of clear objectives for projects
- Methodological design
- Drafting of moderator’s guides and survey research instruments
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Preparation of key findings, recommendations, and reports/collateral materials
- Opinion research consulting support to markets and regions, which includes, but is not limited to, project methodology, instrument design, findings, and materials.
- Contribution to data-driven strategies and recommendations to External Affairs management.
- Serve an analytical role to compile qualitative feedback from third party stakeholders and develop recommendations to EA management from this feedback.
- Ensure strict compliance throughout the organization on all opinion research projects.
- Train colleagues in the central functions, regions, and markets as to how opinion research can be utilized in EA campaigns.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in social sciences of business related topics.
- At least five years’ work experience in either a major corporation or consultancy managing public opinion research projects. o Public opinion research projects are those that deal with fiscal, regulatory, reputational, or societal issues – they are not projects which aim to determine how to market a specific brand or product.
- Experience developing qualitative discussion guides and quantitative questionnaires.
- Experience providing counsel and strategic advice based on research findings.
- Fluent written and spoken English, with other languages an asset.
- Strong statistical and analytical capabilities including experience with statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, or R).
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with international and/or tobacco related opinion research projects are an asset.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
Further information & application: www.pmi.com/careers