Royal DSM sucht Director External Affairs Switzerland
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.More information can be found at www.dsm.com .Are you a remarkable and impactful External Affairs professional who would enjoy becoming the face of DSM Switzerland?
Director External Affairs Switzerland
you shape, develop and deliver the external affairs strategy to accelerate raising DSM’s profile in Switzerland and Rhine Valley in a credible and impactful way. Communications is one of the key support functions in DSM. The vision of the function is to contribute to DSM’s business results, grow relevance and esteem for the company brand & relevant product brands, protect and enhance the reputation of DSM and create employee pride for DSM internally. In order to realize this vision, the communication employees need to work as a high-performing, global, highly dynamic, stakeholder focused, dialogue-based, networked team.
- Shape, develop and deliver the regional external affairs strategy to accelerate raising DSM’s profile in Switzerland and Rhine Valley, in line with the Global Communications and Public Affairs plan and aligned with business priorities in the region.
- Represent DSM in a credible and impactful way in various (networking) organizations across Switzerland and Rhine Valley.
- You become a trusted advisor for the CEO of DSM Nutritional Products on local issues: “Face of DSM”.
- Manage relationships with all important stakeholders for DSM in Switzerland and Rhine Valley, including, but not limited to, governments, NGO’s and trade associations.
- Manage local sponsoring activities in line with global policy.
- An academic degree, augmented by more than 10 years’ experience in large-cap communications, an external affairs function, senior communications or advisory work.
- High level of seniority, authority, and credibility, given contacts with executive management, and company representative function.
- Well-established and broad network in Switzerland and Rhine Valley, relevant to DSM’s positioning.
- High level of proficiency in English; native speaker of at least one country language and high level of proficiency in another country language.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improving people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Martin Lauber, Talent Acquisition Lead EMEA ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Our Communications department supports business or marketing plans with internal and external branding, as well as Public Affairs tools and instruments. To this end the function works together with a variety of external and internal stakeholders on a range of complex topics with, at times, conflicting interests. Our team aligns multiple stakeholder perspectives to ensure revenue growth, DSM brand value, reputation, employee engagement and One DSM across businesses, markets and regions.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.