This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Syngenta seeks External Affairs and Communications Manager
External Affairs and Communications Manager
- Supports the strategic direction of Syngenta through the execution of thought leading positions and enhancing the company’s freedom to operate through the development and implementation of engagement plans designed to build and maintain Syngenta’s FTO
- Proactively manages external media, communication and governmental affairs in Switzerland in support of Syngenta’s business strategy, business sustainability, FTO and reputation: Builds and maintains relations with Swiss decision makers and media as well as other relevant stakeholders to support collaborations, represents Syngenta externally and in committees and multi-stakeholder bodies. Works with the Global Media Relations team, Swiss Business, Swiss sites and other communication functions in shaping and positioning messages tailored to Swiss audiences.
- Co-develop the strategy and manage key reputation and influencing initiatives in the area of public and governmental affairs in Switzerland
- Co-develop and manage stakeholder engagement programs with respect to national government and parliament, cantonal authorities, national research institutions, and relevant and industry associations
- Co-develop with the Global Media Relations team, an effective media engagement plan and editorial / outreach calendar for Swiss media, track and monitor media performance
- Working with Global Media Relations, where required act as a spokesperson for the company in Switzerland
- Identify needs and develop and manage the implementation of policies, strategies and programs in the public affairs arena
- Support other Syngenta functions, such as Global Media Relations, Responsible and Sustainable Business, the Swiss Business, production and R&D sites in Switzerland and other company functions with respect to the company’s representation in Switzerland
- Co-develop messaging and engagement plans for public policy and media topics relevant to the Business Sustainability agenda
- Through networks and contacts provide intelligence and insight to the business on existing and possible future public policy environments, NGO agendas etc., what this might mean for Syngenta and recommend strategies and actions accordingly
- Develop, write and consolidate relevant outreach and media materials to respond to and, where possible, shape relevant public policies
- If applicable, manage temporary intern and/or apprentice and enable her/him to acquire necessary knowledge and skills to grow and to efficiently support the Swiss Public Policy team
- Familiar with Swiss political framework and legislation, strong networking skills to be in forefront regarding thought leadership in sensing and influencing.
- Strong communication skills (written and orally).
- Experience in project management and leadership skills in interdisciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience working with government in Switzerland
Minimum education and critical knowledge
- Relevant university degree
- Native speaker in either German or French, with fluency in German, French and English
Further Information and Application: www.syngentacrop.taleo.net
336 total views, 1 today Print Job