Teradata seeks Industry Consultant – Government
The Teradata team in Bern already has Sales, Technology and Services personnel. The team has strong relationships with IT leadership in government. We are looking to add a business consultant who will work with government departments to clearly articulate the value of data and analytics and can help us accelerate our success with the Swiss Federal Government. In particular someone who has worked in complex environments and multi-functional or multi-departmental data and analytics programmes.
The successful candidate will
- Be part of the Swiss Teradata Analytical Business Consulting team, with a focus on the Swiss government,
- Work directly with the Teradata Swiss Government account team to develop effective client relationships and identify the value of data-driven insights to government departments.
- Leverage business consulting experience and research to support the account team develop a cohesive strategy for government.
- Provide direction to account teams on opportunities to target; based on experience of the value analytics and the use of data.
- Identify new business opportunities for analytical ecosystem solutions & services and write proposals
- Work with business SMEs to develop high level business requirements for reporting and analytics, then shape these into detailed requirements for analytical ecosystem solutions & services including the data warehouse.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales and consulting engagements to senior stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of data and analytics consulting engagements providing a strong link to the “business customer” of data and analytics, and helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse.
- Work with Teradata’s professional services organisation and partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach.
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East & Africa-Switzerland-Bern
Organization: EMEA Sales & Services
We seek candidates with a minimum of 10 – 15 years’ experience of business-focused consulting in Data & Analytics with the following skills
- Practitioner with hands-on delivery experience and a passion for driving business change through data and analytics projects.
- Demonstrable track record of initiating and delivering analytical projects that have been embedded in business processes and yielded a positive return.
- Ability to consult with business stakeholders to identify pain points and align to data driven solutions.
- Experience of building business cases based on the application of analytics and converting into live, fully funded projects.
- Ability to tell a story with data, excite business stakeholders on the insight that has been created and articulate the approach to realising business value.
- Credible in front of C level executives and their leadership teams. Have become a trusted advisor, providing direction and best practice in the use of data to achieve business goals.
- Knowledge of data warehouse, reporting and data visualisation techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and ability to understand the application of the appropriate technique to the specific business challenge.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business German and English;