United Kingdom Mission to the UN offers Press and Public Affairs Internship
The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting a highly motivated and skilled person to do an internship with the Mission’s small and dynamic Press and Public Affairs (PPA) team.
The internship offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the PPA team’s cross-mission work, with a focus on social media management, communications campaign management and events.
The internship will offer insight into the public diplomacy work of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the opportunity to learn about the UK’s work on a range of issues that include human rights, humanitarian assistance, trade and health issues. The work is both challenging and rewarding. We often work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment.
This internship gives hands on experience with on the job training.
Essential Qualifications And Experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- University degree in the field of media, communications, journalism, public relations or information management, or have practical experience.
- Strong interest in working in public diplomacy and communications in a multilateral environment;
- Prior experience of managing, social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook;
- The successful candidate needs to be highly motivated, flexible, and have excellent skills in communication and organisation;
- Willingness to undergo a mandatory security check.
Desirable Qualifications And Experience
- Education: A background interest in human rights, international relations, political science, or other relevant disciplines.
- Work experience: Prior internship or work experience in the context of the international organisations.
- Language skills: Knowledge of French
Application dead line: 5 February 2017
Apply online here.