Varian sucht Government Affairs Manager Central Europe and CIS
When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence.
Government Affairs Manager, Central Europe and CIS
This position reports to the Senior Director, Government Affairs EMEIA. It will manage and lead the company’s EMEIA government relations and public policy function in specific countries of the region. This role will be responsible for leading the company’s government relations, public policy and advocacy strategies, as well as implementing the company’s EMEIA market development strategies in the countries covered by this role. This position will be involved in the company’s commercial business development, educational program development and regulatory strategies across Varian’s EMEIA region. The position will manage the regional Central Europe and CIS government affairs issues.
- Advice and counsel the company’s executives on public policy and governmental matters, including pending legislation/regulations and policy initiatives and their potential implications to the company
- Develop, in partnership with company executives and business unit stakeholders, the company’s government relations and public policy strategy and agenda in the countries (s)he is responsible in EMEIA, and help prioritize actions and resources
- Oversee relationships with trade organizations and strategic industry groups to influence legislation, regulations and public policy that affect the industry and advance the company’s interests
- Develop relationships with key government officials and their staff and administrative agency persons and other international organizations as they relate to EMEIA on issues of importance to the company such as expanding access to radiotherapy, as well as reimbursement of radiotherapy equipment and treatments
- Assist in government business transactions with Ministries of Health, Finance and other relevant government agencies. Develop thought leadership and influence commercial strategies
- Work with leaders of government and industry to influence public policy, monitor government initiatives and advocate for specific plans to advance the company’s objectives
- Develop, in partnership with universities, government agencies, and radiotherapy thought leaders in the region, education programs and symposia to improve adoption of best clinical practices
- Manage and balance external and internal resources
Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge and ability to appropriately influence the political/policy process, including working with and managing consultants and lobbyists
- Experience in legislative and public policy making processes
- Experience in developing partnerships with trade associations, medical organizations, NGOs and other industry partners in order to push an agenda
- Formulating and implementing business development, government relations and external affairs policies in Germany, Switzerland, EU-level or the CIS countries
- Demonstrated ability to analyze key regulatory and policy issues considering the company’s strategic goals and to focus on those issues that advance (or could potentially inhibit) the company’s competitive business interests
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with internal business stakeholders
- Record of achievement and accomplishment
- Experience working in the medical capital equipment, medical device or healthcare industry is highly desirable
- Fluency in German and English, additional language competencies are welcome, Russian in particular
You are organized and a self-starter and able to work within a matrix organization. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You’re just one click away to become part of a global network of innovative and inspired minds! Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
Job Code 13177BR.
Deadline for applications: July 20th, 2018