Vifor Pharma seeks Head of Patient, Innovation, and Access Policy
Are you looking for a new challenge in a specialist pharmaceutical company? An opportunity has arisen to join our Global Market Access leadership team at our headquarters in Glattbrugg. The position of Head of Patient, Innovation, and Access Policy will have the ability to establish and leverage key political relations to shape policy at a European/EU, US, at a global, and in select cases at a country level. Leading the Global Patient, Innovation, and Access Policy department, you will anticipate trends in the healthcare political environment, drive critical policy initiatives supporting Patient Blood Management (PBM), Non-Biologic Complex Drugs (NBCDs), and mobilize resources accordingly.
Head of Patient, Innovation, and Access Policy
role will have the following responsibilities:
- Anticipates political risks, opportunities, succinctly summarizes and communicates ability to develop pro-active solutions that meet/exceed our business needs
- Connects political and policy discussions to future product and service development
- Proposes and develops new processes and work flows to the organization to enhance our ability to capitalize on policy evolution including emerging regulatory and reimbursement requirements
- Provide high-quality timely input – either directly or by tapping into the appropriate internal teams – to policy bodies such as OECD, EU, WHO, national parliaments as appropriate including Washington DC, and policy-shaping trade representations such as EFPIA, PhRMA, IFPMA.
- Is sought out by external stakeholders, viewed as a trusted partner and key opinion leader
- Advocates among senior leaders of Vifor Pharma for the value of Patient, Innovation, and Access Policy
- Creates value by adding complementary parties or issues to the negotiation
- Brings truly innovative thinking to the sequencing and the scope of the negotiation to influence the chances of bringing each party onboard and to tackle unforeseen conditions
- Links scenario planning and sequencing of the negotiation process to the flow of information
- Maximizes business impact by aligning Vifor’s decision-making process on a global level to optimal policy-shaping Input
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Economics, Health Economics, Law, Diplomatic Studies, and/or Medicines
- 10+ years of experience in Government Affairs, Public Affairs, Policy work, ideally experience of company and institutional/political experience
- Language requirement: fluent in English and another EU language
We offer you an interesting and challenging opportunity in an international company. As a medium sized specialty Pharmaceutical company we work cross-functionally, with lean structures and an entrepreneurial mind-set. To achieve our goals we focus on solutions, effective processes and we constantly seek to improve our way of doing things. In response to our demanding environment we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change as well opportunities for personal development and growth. The company offers competitive terms and conditions.
More information and application: www.vifor.avature.net