World Economic Forum sucht Communications & Campaigns Lead
COMMUNICATIONS AND CAMPAIGNS LEAD, TROPICAL FOREST ALLIANCE 2020
(Three-year fixed term contract)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Forum hosts the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020 (TFA 2020), a global public-private-community partnership dedicated to collaborative action to realize sustainable rural development and better growth opportunities, based on reduced deforestation and sustainable land-use management in tropical forest countries. A key element for the success of the TFA 2020 project is its global communications and digital presence. To better fulfil that role, the TFA 2020 is looking for a communication campaigns manager, reporting to the Director of TFA 2020, based in Geneva.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Communications Lead will support the TFA 2020 Director, Marco Albani, and Steering Committee in the development and delivery of a strategic advocacy and communication agenda on the global forest agenda, anchored on the Forest and Commodities Agenda 2020, and articulated over a strategic roadmap to 2020 taking advantage of key events in the calendar. These include not only the TFA 2020 events but also all the most important ones (e.g., UNFCCC, UNGA, Global Climate Action Summit, UN conventions, World Economic Forum), identifying key opportunities, challenges and target audiences.
The Communications Lead will develop and manage an integrated multistakeholder communications strategy for the TFA 2020, ensuring that its objectives and expected deliverables are met on time, achieve effective impact and are contained within budget.
- Support the development and production of publications, reports, blogs, e-newsletters and other content in collaboration with the Forum Media team, external media partners and TFA 2020 regional coordinators
- Generate, publish and share content on the TFA 2020 website and all social media channels in support of deepening community engagement and increasing awareness of the TFA 2020 partnership and the broader forest agenda
- Implement an editorial calendar to plan and execute specific, timely campaigns in relation to TFA 2020 events, report launches and other milestones
- Ensure a strong legacy media presence in line with the communications strategy
The successful candidate will be assessed on
Support the execution of this agenda among the willing members of the TFA 2020, directing:
- Coordinated communication campaigns through own (TFA 2020’s and Partners’) and earned media channels
- Create communication policies and protocols, including issue management and publications processes (in collaboration with the Forum’s Media and Public Engagement teams)
- Identification and engagement of “champions” for the agenda among prominent leaders in government, business, finance, entertainment
- Agenda/messaging of high-level events in the TFA 2020 and Partners’ calendars
- Preparation of ad hoc position papers/statements of support on specific issues
Formula for success
- Master’s degree in communication, marketing, media engagement, journalism or other related discipline, ideally with a focus on environment and natural resources
- Seven or more years of professional experience in the public, private or civil society sectors in cross-sectoral work, building global multistakeholder and communication strategies, preferably on environmental issues specifically related to forests and land
- Technical literacy and high-level experience in leading platform management and community building and engagement, managing consultants, communications service providers and PR agencies
- Demonstrated ability to build and implement social media strategy
- Ability to work with C-suite business leaders and leading experts in academia, international organizations, government and non-governmental organizations, and with representatives of grassroots organizations
- Excellent editorial expertise and writing skills, experience in journalism
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English; proficiency in other languages, especially Bahasa Indonesian, French, Portuguese or Spanish, would be a plus
- Analytical capabilities
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!
Further information & application: www.taleo.net
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.ch zu erwähnen.