World Intellectual Property Organization seeks Advisor
The post is located in the Director General’s Front Office, in the Office of the Director General and Related Programs (ODG). The ODG provides support to the Director General so as to enable him to carry out his duties efficiently and effectively
Working closely with other members of the ODG team, the Advisor will assist the Director General to realize organizational objectives as embodied in the strategic goals by advancing understanding and promoting effective concerted action with Member States and other key stakeholders aimed at increasing the visibility of Intellectual Property and innovation and reinforcing WIPO’s brand.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties\:
- Review and advise on the positioning of the Organization and its services and programs in the rapidly evolving global landscape of innovation, creative industries and intellectual property.
- Chart the direction for the development and delivery of Organizational communication and engagement.
- Remain aware of the Organizational position, opportunities and threats in the external environment and improve Organizational response capacities with respect to communications and engagement with Member States and Stakeholders as well as the strategic direction(s) of the Organization.
- Provide leadership and advice on policy issues relating to the effective communication and engagement of the Director General with Member States and other stakeholders. In particular, the incumbent focuses on identifying strategic opportunities for communication and engagement with Member States and stakeholders in support of the Director General’s priorities; and creates models and frameworks that influence work in a cross-program arena.
- Provide strategic advice on policy issues relating to the Organization’s communications with Member States, stakeholders and the broader public and relating to effective internal communication in the Organization; and create opportunities for desired change whilst developing solutions to problems where procedures and precedents do not exist.
- Ensure and maintain Organizational relevance and dynamism to client communities.
- Represent the ODG and WIPO at senior-level internal and external meetings; and provide substantive expertise and authoritative advice and recommendations on aspects of intellectual property issues and developments as well as communications.
- Maintain close liaison and coordination with Member States, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations with respect to program related matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree in law, international relations, public administration or other relevant field. A first-level university degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in the areas of international diplomacy, communications or policy formulation and administration at the national and international levels. Experience at a senior advisory level and in multicultural negotiations.
Experience working with the multilateral system.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Knowledge of French or another UN official language.
Knowledge, skills and competencies
Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks, conceptualize new approaches and promote new ideas.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent drafting skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Excellent representational and facilitation skills including in an international context.
Sound judgement; ability to quickly assess complex and fast-moving situations and developments and provide targeted and innovative advice.
Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the internet.
Discretion and integrity.
Knowledge of intellectual property issues and developments, particularly at the international level.
Knowledge of WIPO strategic priorities, implementation constraints and opportunities.
Knowledge of the UN system and its procedures.
Further Information & application: www.taleo.net
Application Deadline: 03-Aug-2018, 11:59:00 PM
Denken Sie bitte daran, bei Ihrer Bewerbung www.politjobs.ch zu erwähnen.