World Young Women’s Christian Association seeks Senior Strategic Communications Specialist
Senior Strategic Communications Specialist
will play a vital role in articulating the voice of the World YWCA. She will work to strengthen the brand and translate the global strategy so that it is compelling and easy to understand for donors, members, and the global women’s rights community. She will work closely with the Lead for Partnerships and Resource Mobilization and be expected to work transversally across the office to develop communications. She will also work with the Young Women’s Engagement Team, creating compelling content that engages women in the global movement.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will report to the Deputy General Secretary and will be responsible for the following:
- Develops and drives an integrated global communications strategy, working with the leadership team of the organization.
- Develops strategies and materials for donor and partner communications, including campaigns and donor and resource mobilisation support materials including digital materials and messages to donors and potential funders.
- Develops the overarching story for the World YWCA and creates compelling content across all communications channels.
- Oversees the development and content of the website.
- Leads brand-strengthening and develops and manages the branding and communication guidelines for the World YWCA.
- Manages and develops content for internal communications for movement building (e.g. quarterly communication to the member associations, the board, and communication to the movement).
- Revitalises, rebrands and manages digital newsletters for the movement and subscribers.
- Works with the Young Women’s Engagement Team on communications for key advocacy events, including the “16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence”, and the “International Day of the Girl Child”, among others.
- Develops talking points, scripts and other communications material, such as presentations, and blogs/op-eds for the General Secretary.
- Establishes and strengthens media relationships and creates powerful and impactful stories and content for media.
- Collaborates with external vendors such as graphic designers, photographers, and translators as needed.
- Develops and implements a plan to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of our overall communications, including social media statistics.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications.
- Strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to create powerful content for all channels.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinker.
- Skilled coordinator and project manager.
- Follows trends in social media and online campaigning.
- Able to quickly build relationships and collaborate with diverse partners internally and externally.
- Understands political and organizational dynamics.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural context.
- Experience with social media platforms, SEO and content management systems.
- English native speaker (or equivalent) with other languages, especially French and Spanish, desirable.
- Photography skills and experience using Adobe graphic and video suite a definite plus.
- Young women under 30 and candidates from the global South are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to Mission Talent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating YWCA-SSC/+your surname in the subject line.
To apply for this role, attach your CV (in English) and a motivation letter (two pages maximum) that summarises: 1) how your profile aligns with the key requirements of this role, and; 2) your vision for a World YWCA communication strategy. Kindly send these to us as .docx files only. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation. If you do not receive this (check your spam folder as well), please contact Mission Talent via email@example.com
Closing date: 1 February 2018
Starting date: Negotiable